Take a moment and
ask yourself a few questions.
- When you send someone overseas to negotiate a contract,
how do you know this person is qualified to complete the task? What have you done to
- How often have you wished you spoke a foreign language
for business purposes? What is your company doing about this?
- Of all the employees transferred abroad in the past five
years, what is the rate of failure (when an employee returns early)?
- When employees return home early from a foreign
assignment, what is the most common reason?
- How much money was spent on relocating each family
overseas? To return them home early? To replace them in the overseas environment?
- What support do you presently offer your managers within
North America, as they deal with many employees from other countries and cultures?
- If you have sent employees abroad, have you ever
received complaints about their behavior from the host country team? How could this have
been prevented? How much do your employees know about how business is conducted on a daily
basis in their target foreign markets?
- What are some of the most frustrating aspects of
globalizing your company's leadership?
- If you do have expat managers in the U.S., what is the
most common complaint you receive concerning their presence here? What actions have you
- Participating in a JV, what have been the most difficult
issues to anticipate? What were the costs involved in not knowing about these beforehand?
- Are your training programs customized to your express
needs and goals?
- Is your management team considering expansion into
foreign markets? If yes, do you possess the information & resources required for a
successful business venture?
- Does your company feel comfortable in opening
confidential discussions to experts who may be able to save time, money, and frustration?
- How much time and money, and how many people have you
lost to your competition by not being as prepared as you could have been to operate in
IF YOU KNEW THAT TO PREPARE YOUR TEAMS FOR SUCCESS
OVERSEAS WOULD COST LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF THE TOTAL TRANSFER PACKAGE PER PERSON,
WOULDN'T YOU BE WILLING TO LISTEN?
Let GLOBAL VISION STRATEGIES bring the
world to YOUR business. Don't settle for standard solutions when creative and far more
cost effective ones exist.
© 2006 Global Vision Strategies, LLC